About Daniel Sroka
I grew up with photography. My childhood desk was my father's old enlarger, and I spent many days working in our basement darkroom, listening to the creaking of the floorboards overhead. But when I grew up, making art had to take a back seat to paying the bills. Luckily, I discovered a talent for graphic design, which helped me pay my way through school and lead to a professional career. I eventually became the original creative director for Yahoo!, where I helped guide them from a quirky curiosity into a globally-recognized brand.
Something caught my eye on the path to Cape Point (Africa).
But I grew tired of using my artistic skills to help other people realize their dreams, while ignoring my own. So I quit my day job, and focused my energy on my fine art photography. I have now spent the past decade carefully developing my unique and intensely personal style of nature art. I have also been able to use my years of experience in design and web marketing to run a successful business creating custom fine art wedding prints inspired by my art.
where you might see my art
- Miraval Arizona Resort and Spa, Tucson
- The Quin Hotel, New York
- Four Seasons, Washington, DC
- LAX Hilton Hotel, Los Angeles
- Baccarat Hotels and Residences, Anguilla
- Many private residences
- My fine art ketubahs are in the homes of over 1,200 couples worldwide
some of my shows and exhibitions
- 2013 - Art Comes Alive exhibition, publishing award recipient, Cincinnati, OH
- 2013 - Group show, Rites of Spring, 14 Maple Gallery, Morristown, NJ
- 2013 - Artexpo New York
- 2012 - Solo show, Simon Cancer Center at Overlook Medical Center (Atlantic Health), Summit, NJ
- 2012 - Group show, Elements of Art: Texture, Still Point Gallery
- 2012 - Morristown Art Walk
- 2012 - International Artexpo New York, Pier 92, March 22-25, Booth 1108
- 2011 - 5th Photography Masters Cup, nominee in both the Abstract and Fine Art categories
- 2011 - International Artexpo New York, selected as one of the Top Ten Solo Artists of the show
- 2010 - Artist in residence, Miraval Arizona Resort and Spa, Tucson
- 2010 - 4th Photography Masters Cup, nominee in the Abstract category
- 2010 - Group, show, 40th Anniversary Alumni Art Exhibition at Hampshire College, Amherst, MA
- 2010 - Group show, Geometric Abstraction, Still Point Gallery
- 2010 - Group show, Emerging Patterns, 14 Maple Gallery, Morristown, NJ
- 2009 - Group show, Autumnal Tints, Still Point Gallery
- 2009 - Group show, Contemporary Abstract Photography, Art Way Gallery, Princeton, NJ
- 2009 - Group show, Chromatics, Art Upstairs Gallery, Morristown, NJ
- 2009 - 3rd Photography Masters Cup, nominee in the Abstract category
- 2008 - Group show, Typologies, Fraction Magazine
- 2008 - Group show, Elemental/Environmental: Space, New Orleans Photo Alliance.
- 2008 - Prix de la Photographie Paris (Px3), third place in Nature category
- 2007 - Featured artist, Area of Design and Positive Focus online art magazines
- 2007 - Group show, Arcadia: Artists Celebrate Trees, California Modern Gallery (San Francisco)
- 2004 - Solo show, The Main Gallery (Redwood City, CA)
- 2004 - Group show, Visions of Memory, The Main Gallery (Redwood City, CA)
- 2003 - Group show, Garden of Earthly Delights, The Main Gallery (Redwood City, CA)
Other things about me
- I am a member of the board of trustees for Morris Arts, whose mission is to make art the center of community life in Morris County, New Jersey.
- I graduated from Hampshire College in 1989, where I did advanced study on the connections between symbols and language, the use of metaphor, and the development of visual language skills in children.